Merlin Divers, Kamala Dive Center is a Scuba School and Scuba Dive shop in Kamala on Phuket is located in the centre of the main tourist road and only a few meters away from the Kamala Beach – The Best For Scuba Diving in Phuket. Kamala itself is situated between the beaches of Kata, Karon and Patong to the south and Laguna, Bangtao and Surin to the north of Phuket – The Gate to the Divers Paradise Similan Islands.
Phuket Scuba Diving
Scuba Dive Shop and Scuba Diving Equipment
All dive activities that are available from Phuket in Thailand are part of the program of Merlin Divers. Merlin Divers maintains one of the largest Scuba Diving equipment shops there is on the island. The dive store displays and sells all kinds of Scuba diving and snorkelling equipment, swimming items and general water sports gear and wear. Merlin Divers company is proud to be an official dealer of Suunto dive computers and instruments and an Aqualung partner dive centre.
PADI Dive School and Courses in Phuket
The Scuba dive school works with the PADI system hence offering the full range of PADI dive courses from the very popular Discover Scuba Diving program and PADI Open Water Diver course for beginner to the professional level of PADI Dive Master. The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver and all Specialty courses for divers part of Merlin Divers program. There is also a special program for those interested in a career in the diving industry.
Scuba Dive Phuket
Merlin Divers offers for scuba diving half day diving trips to the local dive sites not far from Kamala Beach along the west coast of Phuket in front of the beaches Kamala, Surin and Bangtao like Koh Weo, Tin Lizzy Wreck (a tin mining excavator), Nakala Reef, Laem Son and Tai Pau.
For the divers who like to join a dive trips and dive tours for a complete day Merlin Divers offers full day dive trips to the well-known dive sites near Phuket like Racha Islands, Shark Point, Anemone Reef, Koh Doc Mai, the wreck King Cruiser and the world-famous Phi Phi Islands on a daily basis and all year round.
Scuba diving excursions and liveaboard tours to the to the best dive sites in Thailand – the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Ta Chai and Richelieu Rock can also be booked through Merlin Divers.
The owner and manager of Merlin Divers diving company is Robert Klein, who lives around Phuket, Thailand and has worked in the scuba diving industry for over 20 years.
More about Merlin Divers Co. Ltd.
Merlin Divers as a name came into existence when the previous dive facility located in Kamala on the west coast of Phuket was taken over and a name change was registered.
Merlin the magician with the slogan “it’s a kind of magic” referring to the fantastic and spectacular underwater world of Phuket and its surroundings with the Similan islands and Phi Phi islands awaiting the divers going on dive tours – hence Merlin Divers.
In December 2004 the tsunami completely destroyed the dive facility which at that time was located right on the beach of Kamala. The only “survivors” of the tsunami were the air compressor and a dummy. The compressor needed a thorough overhaul and is still in good working order nowadays. The dummy is serving as lucky charm, talisman in front of the dive store.
The owner Robert Klein is a PADI Master Instructor, has earned himself a reputation of being fair and hard-working business owner and manager and is a highly enthusiastic, experienced and professional diving teacher.
Merlin Divers Co., Ltd. is a fully registered Thai Company with the business registration number 3835544002803. As an inbound tourist agency Merlin Divers Co., Ltd. is registered with TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) with the number 34/00617. Our Website is also available in German (Phuket Tauchen), French (Phuket Plongée) and in Swedish (Phuket Dykning).
Merlin Divers Co.; Ltd.
74/3 Moo 3 Rim Had Road
Email : [email protected]
The service areas cover the whole island of Phuket, from the airport to the area of Laguna and the beaches of Bangtao and Surin to the beaches of Kata, Karon and Patong.
The hours of operation are daily, Monday through Sunday from 9 ma in the morning to 9 pm in the evening.
Payment options include but not limited are cash in any currencies to the actual exchange rate, Visa or Master credit or debit cards or pay pal.
Parking available: Yes.
Brands carried: Aqua Lung, Scubapro, Suunto, Veho. Intova, Karana, Dri-Dock, Aquatec, Underwater Kinetics, Scuba Sonics, Trident, Surface Marker
Scuba Diving Centre in Phuket:
- day trips and dive tours to Phi Phi, Racha and Similan islands
- dive trips to Shark Point Phuket, Anemone Reef and Koh Doc Mai
- wreck diving at King Cruiser wreck
- overnight scuba diving excursion to Phi Phi and Similan islands
- liveaboard diving to Similan islands and Hin Daeng – Hin Muang
- dive packages for multiple days of diving
- discounts for trip combination bookings
- private guides, divemasters available
- small groups of dives: 4-5 divers maximum
Scuba Dive School in Phuket:
- PADI scuba diving education and courses
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
- PADI Scuba Diver course
- PADI Open Water Diver course
- PADI Rescue Diver coursePADI Specialty courses
- PADI Divemaster course
- PADI Scuba Review – tune up course – refresher dive course
- private instructions available
- small groups for courses: 3-4 maximum
- for bigger groups more than 2-3 instructors available or more if needed
- dive course packages available
- discounts for combination of courses
Scuba Diving Shop in Phuket:
- diving equipment for sale: masks, snorkels, fins, boots, wetsuits, regulators, buoyancy control dives, tanks, weightbelts, weights, dive torches, dive lights,mouthpieces, signalling devices, dive slates, clips and hooks, dive computers, hoods, gloves, underwater cameras, attachments for cameras, log books, dive books, dive bags
- snorkelling gear for sale: masks, snorkels, Lycra shirts, rash guards, beach shoes, mask straps
- sports wear and general items for the beach and holiday for sale: Lycra shirts, rash guards, beach shoes, water prof pouches, water proof bags, water proof cases, sandals, bags, T-shirts, eye wear retainers, anti-fog liquid.
Want to know more about the dive company Merlin Divers – check us out on the internet.