You have a scuba diving license but didn’t dive for a couple of years or longer and now considering getting back into the water? In the PADI system there is a program called Scuba Review. Here an introduction to how Merlin divers located on Kamala beach on Phuket is doing such a refresher program.
Many people having once done a diving certificate but then didn’t go back for diving for several year think to get back into diving will be very hard, difficult and time consuming. Read through the outline of the program and you will realise all you need to do is join Merlin Divers for a trip with 2 dives – that’s it.
Dive Phuket Scuba Review
The Scuba Diving Review program as such is not a course!
You go on the boat and will make 2 dives like all the other divers on the boat. But we will not put you in a group – you will get once more personal attention. One of our staff members will take care for you. Normally the program is conducted on 1:1 student-instructor ratio except there is another person in the same situation as you.
On the boat the instructor will give you not just a normal dive briefing – you will receive an extended briefing of about 30 minutes. The idea is to freshen up everything you might have forgotten:
- review of entry and exit procedures of a dive boat
- all the hand-signals will be revised
- remind you how to breath under water while scuba diving
- discuss how you are supposed to swim
- descent and ascent procedures will be reviewed
- the pre dive safety check will be demonstrated and practised
- assembling and disassembling of the dive gear
- and most important – the main diving skills will be revised
The start in the water will be in shallow water directly on the dive site – depth not exceeding about 4-5 meters. In this shallow water you will get demonstrated by the instructor these “most important” diving skills and practise them yourself. This will take about 5-6 minutes.
The main idea of the program is: you get the time to get used to breathing under water again and we got the time to give or take a weight, to make sure you are properly weighted and ready to start your first dive.
After the little drill of skills you go straight into your first dive. If you are more or less breathing the way a diver is supposed to you will be one hour under the water.
After the break on the boat follows a second dive – and by that time all will be coming back and you will feel relaxed and comfortable to be diving again.
- Scuba Diving Phuket: Refresher course, Scuba Review In the PADI system there is a program called Scuba Review. Many divers call this program a refresher course or a refresher dive. Here an introduction to how Merlin divers, located on Kamala beach on Phuket do such a refresher […]
- Phuket Diving: Scuba Review .
You got a scuba diving certificate but didn't go diving for a long time? Planning or considering to scuba dive while coming to Phuket but you are unsure about your readiness since your last dive was a couple of years ago?
Many of […]
- Kamala Diving – Half Day Trip .
The high season on Kamala Beach finally came to a close. For Merlin Divers - Kamala Diving Center this half day dive trip is the most popular program. It is also a pretty unique program for Phuket - 2 tank dive trip and only 4 and a […]
- Veni, vidi, vici – I am a Scuba Diver now VENE, VIDI, VICI
I came, I saw, I conquered - and now I am a DIVER
Arrived for a holiday on Kamala Beach about 10 minutes away from the busy Patong Beach on Phuket Island in Thailand. First thing on my mind on my first stroll though the […]