There are many different scuba diving day trips around Phuket, but one of the best is Shark Point, King Cruiser and Koh Dok Mai. This is a fantastic 3 dive day trip with 3 very different dive sites.
All 3 dives lie to the east of Phuket and can be dived at any time of the year.
Shark Point: A series of pinnacles covered in beautiful soft coral and huge gorgonian fans, a popular place to see seahorses and leopard sharks, as well as large shoals of fish
King Cruiser: A car ferry wreck, sitting at 30m in the middle of Phang Nga Bay, King Cruiser attracts huge amounts of fish as well as beautiful corals. It is also a good place to see a variety of Nudibranchs.
Koh Doc Mai: Flower Island, is a small island with vertical walls. On the walls which go down to 23m you will see lots of macro marine life such as nudibranchs, ornate ghost pipefish. At the bottom of the walls the reef slopes down and numerous bamboo sharks can be found here. There are also 2 caves that can be explored by more experienced divers.
More detailed information about the best scuba day trip Shark Point, King Cruiser Wreck, Koh Dok Mai you can find on our webpage under all the different trips on offer. This day trip can be done on any day and can be booked through Merlin Divers.
There are the following facts about this trip which make it easily the best scuba day trip on Phuket there is to do:
- Shark Point is one of the best dive sites in the whole of Thailand
- King Cruiser is the only proper wreck in the dive area of Phuket
- Koh Dok Mai is one of the few walls dives around in the Andaman sea
- 3 completely different dives in one day: a reef, a wreck and a wall dive
- Still getting back time to the pier in Chalong that the divers will make it with day light to their hotel