Merlin Divers, Kamala Diving Center is a scuba school and dive shop in Kamala on Phuket is located in the centre of the main tourist road and only a few meters away from the Kamala Beach. Kamala itself is situated between the beaches of Kata, Karon and Patong to the south and Laguna, Bangtao and Surin to the north of Phuket; the best place for your diving in the Andaman sea with world-class dives sites of the amazing Similan islands.
Dive Shop and Equipment
All diving activities that are available from Phuket are part of the program of Merlin Divers. Merlin Divers maintains one of the largest diving equipment shops there is on the island Phuket. The dive store displays and sells all kinds of diving and snorkelling equipment, swimming items and general water sports gear and wear. Merlin Divers company is proud to be an official dealer of Suunto dive computers and instruments and an Aqualung partner dive centre.
PADIand Dive Courses in Phuket
The dive school works with the PADI system hence offering the full range of PADI dive courses from the very popular Discover Scuba Diving program and PADI Open Water Diver course for beginners to the professional level of PADI Divemaster. The PADI Advanced Diver, Rescue Diver and all Specialty courses for divers part of Merlin Divers program. There is also a special program for those interested in a career in the diving industry.
Diving Trips around Phuket
Merlin Divers offers for scuba diving half day diving trips to the local dive sites not far from Kamala Beach along the west coast of Phuket in front of the beaches Kamala, Surin and Bangtao like Koh Weo, Tin Lizzy Wreck (a tin mining excavator), Nakala Reef, Laem Son and Tai Pau.
For the divers who like to join dive trips and dive tours for a complete day Merlin Divers offers day dive trips to the well-known dive sites near Phuket like Racha Islands, , Anemone Reef, Koh Doc Mai, the wreck and the world-famous Islands on a daily basis and all year round.
Scuba diving excursions and liveaboard tours to the best dive sites in Phuket – theIslands, , Koh Ta Chai and can also be booked through Merlin Divers.
The owner and manager of Merlin Divers diving company is Robert Klein, who lives around Phuket, Thailand and has worked in the scuba diving industry for over 20 years.
More about Merlin Divers Co., Ltd.
Merlin Divers as a name came into existence when the previous dive facility located in Kamala on the west coast of Phuket was taken over and a name change was registered.
Merlin the magician with the slogan “it’s a kind of magic” referring to the fantastic and spectacular underwater world of Phuket and its surroundings with the Similan islands and Phi Phi islands awaiting the divers going on dive tours – hence Merlin Divers.
In December 2004 the tsunami completely destroyed the dive facility which at that time was located right on the beach of Kamala. The only “survivors” of the tsunami were the air compressor and a dummy. The compressor needed a thorough overhaul and is still in good working order nowadays. The dummy is serving as lucky charm, talisman in front of the dive store.
The owner Robert Klein is a PADI Master Instructor, has earned himself a reputation of being fair and hard-working business owner and manager and is a highly enthusiastic, experienced and professional diving teacher. Merlin Divers chief instructor is Paul Nebbs from United Kingdom. Merlin Divers expert is Neung Ngamwong.
Merlin Divers Co., Ltd. is a fully registered Thai Company with the business registration number 3835544002803. As an inbound tourist agency Merlin Divers Co., Ltd. is registered with TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) with the number 34/00617. Our Website is also available in German (Phuket Tauchen), French (Phuket Plongée) and in Swedish (Phuket Dykning).
Merlin Divers Co.; Ltd. 74/3 Moo 3 Rim Had Road Kamala, Kathu 83150 Phuket, THAILAND
Phone: +6676385518 Fax: +6676385518 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The service areas cover the whole island of Phuket, from the airport to the area of Laguna and the beaches of Bangtao and Surin to the beaches of Kata, Karon and Patong.
The hours of operation are daily, Monday through Sunday from 9 am in the morning to 9 pm in the evening.
The dive seasons are all year round. Best dive conditions are through the months of October, November, December, January, February, March and April – the main-season (high or dry season). The months of May, June, July, August and September – the months of the off-season (low or wet season) bring some rain and winds but are still good for scuba diving.
Payment options include but not limited are cash in any currencies to the actual exchange rate, Visa or Master credit or debit cards or pay pal.
Parking available: Yes.
Brands carried: Aqua Lung, Scubapro, Suunto, Veho. Intova, Karana, Dri-Dock, Aquatec, Underwater Kinetics, Scuba Sonics, Trident, Surface Marker
Scuba Diving Centre in Phuket:
- day trips and diving tours to Phi Phi, Racha and Similan islands
- dive trips to Shark Point Phuket, Anemone Reef and Koh Doc Mai
- wreck diving at King Cruiser wreck
- overnight scuba diving excursion to Phi Phi and Similan islands
- liveaboard diving to Similan islands and Hin Daeng – Hin Muang
- dive packages for multiple days of diving
- discounts for trip combination bookings
- private guides, divemasters available
- small groups of dives: 4-5 divers maximum
Scuba Dive School in Phuket:
- PADI scuba diving education and courses
- PADI Diving program
- PADI Scuba Diver course
- PADI Open Water Diver course
- PADI Rescue Diver course
- PADI Specialty courses
- PADI Divemaster course
- PADI Scuba Review – tune up course – refresher
- private instructions available
- small groups for courses: 3-4 maximum
- for bigger groups more than 2-3 instructors available or more if needed
- packages available
- discounts for combination of courses
Scuba Dive Shop in Phuket:
- diving equipment for sale: masks, snorkels, fins, boots, wetsuits, regulators, buoyancy control devices, tanks, weightbelts, weights, dive torches, dive lights,mouthpieces, signalling devices, dive slates, clips and hooks, dive computers, hoods, gloves, underwater cameras, attachments for cameras, log books, dive books, dive bags
- snorkelling gear for sale: masks, snorkels, Lycra shirts, rash guards, beach shoes, mask straps
- sports wear and general items for the beach and holiday for sale: Lycra shirts, rash guards, beach shoes, water prof pouches, water proof bags, water proof cases, sandals, bags, T-shirts, eye wear retainers, anti-fog liquid.
Want to know more about the dive company Merlin Divers – check us out on the internet.
You can find reviews about us on: www.tripadvisor.com – www.taucher.net – www.holidaycheck.com
Merlin Divers got an internet reputation!